Happy Fourth--so who worked today ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TOOMUCHWALKING, Jul 4, 2008.

1. TOOMUCHWALKING

TOOMUCHWALKING LawnSite Member

I had a great plan to work late on wednesday and thursday so I could have today off...Murphy ? Who's Murphy ? 5" of rain weds. afternoon ! Nobody ran me off, but it sure was quiet when the machines were off

2. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Not me. Rained here, so I went to the shop area and spent about an hour (unboxed some groundcover) with the girlfriend...grocery, cleaned house, and nap! Now beer. Good day.

3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

I cut my two rental homes, i had all the other accounts done by Thursday. :usflag:

4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I did some paperwork. We don't usually mow on Fridays.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

im workin a 24hr shift at the firestation! got all my yards done yesterday!
    at least im makin double time at the firedept! Gotta love holidays!

6. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

We weren't going to work today. Got a call for a bi-weekly rental property. Told her I would get to it Monday. Was sitting around for a while and seen about 4 guys go by with their equipment, so we said what the heck.

Got there and her husband showed up. Ended up turning into a weekly account with a huge clean-up, lots of tree trimming, and pressure washing the driveway. :usflag:

We start the clean up next week :cool2:.

Glad we went out and did it. :waving:

7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

We hammered all week for the guys to be off today and tomorrow - But I striped 4 parking lots today and now time for family and a T-bone steak!! Happy 4th men

8. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

I cut my own lawn. And as we're starting fireworks, the backpack reaally helps cleaning up.

9. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

nope,all done thursday afternoon.spending the 4th with visiting grandchildren

10. Stinchcomb Lawn

Stinchcomb Lawn LawnSite Member

Mowed 13 by 2:30 pm took a nap now have to work 12 hrs. at the Police Department for the holiday !!