1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

happy lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 14, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i was given a quote over the phone from a company called happy lawn. they will do my 3,700 sq ft lawn for $35 an application x 7 apps. . they will give me a free lime if i sign up now. so i ask him, "free lime?" he said, "yup". i said, "how do you know i need lime?" he said, "well, it's part of the program." i said, " but, if my ph is balanced, and you put down lime, won't you damage the lawn?" he sits without saying a word. i say, "you should really test the soil before you put things on peoples lawn." he says, "well duhhh, of course sir, we would test the soil first." i could have had a field day with this guy, but i let him slide.
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

He sounds like a few fries short of a Happy Meal bg.
  3. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

You let him slide? Come on, you owe it to us to call him back and f... with him a bit. At least ask him about his licensing.
  4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you mean you let him slide? This isn't the BG I'm familiar with. You should have invited him over for a ride on the short bus...LOL
  5. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Lucky you, lime is cheeper then cat litter.
  6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Seriously, the price isn't that bad and this is how a lot of people sign new accounts. I know of a local LCO that got 250 accounts from approx 30,000 mailers when he offered free lime w/ a seasonal pre-pay for new clients only. The lime app is one of the cheapest to do, and if you can upsell some new accounts, or keep them for multiple years, its a win-win situation.
  7. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

This doesn't sound like the Booby we know and love...
  8. hulan2

hulan2 LawnSite Member

Bobby.....You are turning over a new leaf!!!!!!! :p
  9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Just a piece of advice. If you are going to report Gedd's posts, don't follow him around and egg him on, you started it with the new material and wife comments. Don't cry when he comes back with something. All offending posts have been removed, stay away from his threads.
  10. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Why is it that I always miss the good posts.

Jodi, can we buy a copy of the uncensored Lawnsite. You know sort of like uncensored Howard Stern or Girls Gone Wild?