Happy new year all !!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by StanWilhite, Dec 31, 2012.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Amen brotha! Your son still serving?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, he just got back from being deployed. We were very thankful to have him here for the holidays. Man I'll tell you, you sure look at the people serving thru different eyes when you have an immediate family member serving. I guess I was kinda guilty of taking them somewhat for granted until my son joined the USAF. I now am very aware of all of the sacrifices being made by everyone involved in the whole process.
    Thanks for remembering.
  3. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

It has been a couple of weeks......worked up until Christmas Eve, then a humongous blizzard hit Arkansas. One that has never been on record in over 20 years. It dumped 24 inches of snow with at least 30 inch snow banks in some areas of the upper North Eastern corner of the state. It is 1/1/13 and the snow is starting to melt off a little and I will be glad to get back to some leaf work.
    I hope everyone has a wonderful new year and may it be a prosperous on at that.

Forgot to mention the 3.5 inches of ice that fell before the snow.!!!!

Think Green!
  4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck with leaves under 2 feet of snow. That's going to be a hell of mess when it all melts out.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Yes Happy New Year all. Hope everyone does well this upcoming 2013 season.
  6. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Very well said!

I think a big percentage of people wouldn't mind a modest tax hike here and there, if we could all see that it was helping to steer us out of the mess the economy is in.

To me, the problem seems to be the fact that each time a new tax is levied, (or an existing tax is increased), there always seems to be an idiot in Washington DC just waiting to blow it up a wild hog's a$$ !