Happy new year

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I'd like to see the tablet-carrying folks plan a schedule around old systems with as-yet-undiscovered tree-root blockages.

2. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

They don't install it, or plan anything. They pay other companies with less ability to sell systems to residential customers and skim 10% off the top. They are basically salesmen with an LI.

3. Wet_Boots

Oh, well skruw them and the horse they rode in on :realmad:

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

How does that have anything to do with whether one is using a tablet or computer for scheduling, or paper and pencil???

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Young grumpy must have done really well. Usually, at this time of year he's offering to sell his biz for five bucks :laugh: Well done, Dana. :clapping:

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

The last couple years weren't bad. It was 3-4 years ago that were frustrating as hell. If the water availability doesn't change soon here, my attitude may get bad again. By that, here is what I mean. In a climate like mine, where on the average we get 15"-16" of precip, and this year we only got 8", it is very difficult to get people to understand water rationing. With restrictions in place due to low amounts of water, that does not mean finding a way around the restrictions to keep grass green and lush. It means sucking it up, and understanding that we have limited water available, and accept the fact that our lawns will not be lush green. But..... that is for another thread. Merry New Year.

7. Wet_Boots

Time to get in on the ground floor of planting rocks :)

8. avernon0112

avernon0112 LawnSite Member

Happy New Years to you all. I hope that I learn as much this year as I did last year! I had a good time spending the last week and a half with the family, but now I am ready to get back at it.

9. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Happy New year!!!!
    Such a crazy year ahead for me. Lots of decisions with my business and career path. Lets hope it turns out better than 2012 :dizzy:

10. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

^^^I loves crazy^^^