1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Happy or Sad to see the cutting season come to an end?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by robby, Oct 16, 2006.

1. robby

robby LawnSite Member

Seems like many guys here are already thinking about next season and what to do different and how to make more $$. Am I the only one here excited to see this season come to an end? I love what I do, but it's still WORK and after 8 months of work I can't help but get excited to start getting days off to be lazy and enjoy unemployed life. Anyone else here enjoy being lazy during the off season? Or will most just be counting down the days til spring?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Bring on the snow so I can make some serious $$$ :) :clapping:
  3. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

Same here!
  4. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking forward to some time off. At least right now my daily routing schedule is over with.
  5. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

Ill have time to do some projects that have taken a backseat for awhile
    Hang some shutters for a neighbor
    Pull a well pump out
    Do some grading at the cemetary
    Clean my basement
    ***Get the sidecar rig back on the road***
    Happy Ill have some free time
    Sad now Ive run out of excuses to put some of this stuff off

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

The workload is a lot less, and the stress,got to curb my spending for the slow months.
  7. robby

robby LawnSite Member

For those of you doing snow removal, is it more about giving you something to do during the winter, or is it more about the big $$ that is made pushing snow? At what point does the $$ not become more important than your desire to just be lazy? Am I the only one here so lazy that I would rather sleep in and watch Dr Phil as opposed to going out in the cold to do snow? Maybe its partially an age thing. At 25 I would always choose the $$. But at age 41 now, being lazy just seems so much more appealing.:)

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Well for big lco with help, it brings in money you gotta fiqure when you are running help you have payrole.
  9. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Iam with you robby at 48 i dont do much snow work anymore clean a couple of walks for businesses and thats about it in winter , I find myself on the couch taking a nap most days lol but come march iam itching to get started again.
  10. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Our mowing schedule has slowed. We are busy trimming bushes down, fall clean ups, gutters, final round of applications for people, winterizing irrigation system, and then thinking about snow.

I do snow b/c A. Money is good B. With help around, 2 skid, 4 trucks, 2 utility tractors - I need things running, not sitting idle.

Just put up a new shop so be working in there this winter. Although I now sleep alittle longer due to shorter days and being cold outside - no more getting up at 4:30 every morning and not being back home till 8 at nite. Also spend some quality with the boys, 10 weeks old & 2 yr old!! Oh and my wife =))