Happy Sunday

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DoneByGregg, Aug 26, 2012.

1. DoneByGregg

DoneByGregg LawnSite Member

Well it looks like the of the storm is going to miss us (thank GOD). I have a small ( 11 yards), but growing company. I have a 50" zero turn troy bilt, echo edger and whip, stihl backpack blower, rakes, shovels, ect..ect..and a care for the look and health of a lawn.
    I have learned some good things from all of your advice to others, so I registered. I have a ton of questions, and hopefully one day I may be able to help someone else with MY experience.

first question: with this storm coming in how do I get some of this clean-up work thats going to be out there (remember I am currently broke).

Thank you in advance
    DoneByGregg

2. Grass Cutting Fool

Grass Cutting Fool LawnSite Member

I am new here also. I am looking for a full commercial start-up in the spring of 2013.

I have more than enough questions to ask as well but I have learned a lot by searching forums like this for the answers.

As far as clean up, I had that same problem a couple of years ago when we had some sort of micro hurricane type storm run through Chicagoland here and knocked out power for close to a week for most the areas around here.

Anyways, TONS of cleanup had to be done all over the place and I just went house to house with my trailer and asked if there was any work I could do for them (for financial compensation of course) and there were tons of desperate people that wanted help in their yards with clean up and etc.

I am not sure if this was your question, but this is what I did to pick up some extra work during our crazy couple of weeks worth of nature's fury!

Good luck with your company!

3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I would post on craigslist. I would be sure to keep posting because there will be every guy with a truck and chainsaw posting after the storms are done.