Happy Thanksgiving FL Lawn Turds

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Landscape Poet, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Ivan I agree with what your saying too. The only thing when buying an old vehicle is you just don't know what your going to get. You can get a gem that is in awesome shape and well taken care of or something you have to keep doing money into. Sounds like you got stuff that are working great though. I have heard many people getting 300k out of thier tundra, and that is exactly what I plan on doing with mine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Who me?.... nah. :rolleyes:

The water is plenty warm already..... :)

3. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Mike, you know I like you so don't take this the wrong way. But you can put me in that "old school" thinker category. All our houses in Florida are de valued but for me I would never squat in a house rent free and treat my personal obligation like a business. For me the biggest problem with the economy and this country is that there aren't enough old school thinkers anymore. The walk away and let someone else suffer for our actions is what gets us into these messes. As a matter of fact even in business I wouldn't walk away from a deal just because it didnt turn out the way I intended it too. It would be a lesson learned and not repeated. You win some and you lose some.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

And about to get warmer..... :)

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You can also look at it from the standpoint of the banks never expected the loan to succeed to maturity. I'd say he beat the banks at their own game.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Just like any other conversation a group of guys might have, the conversation naturally flows to different subjects related to the people in the conversation.:laugh:

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Patriot

There is a Legal and Moral Issue here. In many people's eyes Legally he is good, Morally he is a skunk.

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

No more than the realtor, appraiser and mortgage broker that all conspired to sell a product worth twice what any house in the area was worth. Morals have gone out the window on all fronts these days.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

With plenty of sarcasm.... a tiny example of banks' morality.

http://boingboing.net/2011/11/26/judge-exercises-extreme-sarcas.html

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Patriot

Some of us still have a conscience and have to look in a mirror each morning to shave.