Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Nov 21, 2007.

1. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

http://holydays.tripod.com/linc.htm

I'm including a link that I think is important. In this day and age we seem to forget how and why this country was founded. We now say things like happy "turkey day" instead of happy Thanksgiving. We say happy "holidays" instead of Merry CHRISTmas. So we are taking the thanks out of Thanksgiving and Christ out of Christmas.

These are just some thoughts. I find myself VERY thankful for the many blessings in my life. I have a great wife and daughter at home to greet me each evening when I come in. I have a nice home in a wonderful neighborhood. I have a great faith community. I could go on all day but it suffices to say that I am thankful to God for everything that he has blessed me with.

May God bless all of you.

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Im jealous... Its been 2 weeks this saturday since I been fishing. Not good.

Also Paul ... excellent post. We should all really take a step back and be thankful for what we have. Many of us push trying to break to the next level but fail to stop and look at what we have right in front of us
    God Bless

3. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

2 weeks this saturday since I been fishing. Not good.

I know what you mean, Billy. Like missing church on Sunday.

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I would have to say missing church is a bit worse. Missing fishing comes in 2nd tho

5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Please excuse my ignorance, however, does Canada celebrate Thanksgiving or have an equivalent holiday ??

6. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes we do celebrate Thanksgiving here in Canada. Ours is generally a month or so before yours... (October 6-8 this year) and we get the Monday off as a statutory holiday.

Great neighbours share great traditions....

:canadaflag::):usflag:

7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks, you learn something new everyday !!