Happy TT 52" Owners?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Old 5 LawnCare, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Old 5 LawnCare

Old 5 LawnCare LawnSite Member

I have been looking at this machine all winter and I'm finally ready to go get her.
    I just wanted to hear from everyone else who has one, which engine do you run?, can you tell alot of differance from the 48"?, how many hours do you have on it?, are you comfortable with it?

I currently have a Troy-Bilt 33" Wide Cut (Go ahead, Laugh, I do. All the way to the bank. The machine is 8 years old and cuts 4 - 5 yards a day) that will be replaced with a 36" TTHP when (if) it decides to die. I have been looking at the 52" TT as the blades would be the same size as the 36", I just could'nt see a reason to get a 48".

What do ya'll think?

Also, if anyone is in Goergia and knows a dealer who will cut a good deal, Please let me know!

2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i have the TTHP52 and love it.its used more than my riders

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

TICKLED PINK :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

745resized.jpg

4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

As I remember, the blades on a 36 are the same as a 54", not a 52". That's why Bobcat and Hustler make a 54" WB and not a 52"........
    Pete

5. John Gamba

from ct

Happy Spring PETE!
    John

lazer&tracer resized.jpg

6. Doc Pete

Hey John, I hope take pics of my new trailer with rear and "side" ramp doors. Just a super combo. Also, because of the size of my new trailer, I had to opt for a new "pull toy" to tow it. All green, of course;)

7. John Gamba

from ct

That's wright HAPPY FORD To!!

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

32" = 48" 16-1/4 or 1/2" long depending on brand
    36" = 52" 18" long

This is for most brands (Exmark/Scag,etc)

Pete, Hustlers the oddball in the blade department!
    16-31/32"
    17-7/8"
    21-15/16"

Some with 1/2" center holes, some with 33/64" center holes. Some offset, some not. Geesh!

:D

9. Doc Pete

Tom, not to disagree, but something doesn't make sense. If 2 18" blade cut 36", Then another 18" must give you 54. However, it could be that the 2 18" blades don't cut a full 36", then another blade may give you 52". Also, I know most 48" aren't 48", but really 47.5". And, the Hustler 48" is really a full 49", which is 1.5" bigger than a "standard Bobcat or Ferris 48", which is a 47.5".
    If I'm missing something please tell me where.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Nah, nobody's missing anything. Thats just the way they are! I never strung a tape measure across my SCAG though.

I know that SCAG uses 16.5" blades and Exmark uses 16.25" blades on their 48"ers. Both are considered 48"ers.

It has to do with blade overlap and spindle location.

Hustlers 48" uses a 16-31/32" blade (call it 17")

And their 54 uses 19" blades.

Hustler is known for a big blade overlap. Where that center spindle is much more forward than the outer two, which are able to be kicked back in.

Make any sense?