Happy with 6HP Exmark Metro 26"?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gotgreen?, Jun 27, 2005.

1. gotgreen?

gotgreen? LawnSite Member

If you are, please explain, if not, what will you suggest?

How about something like this?
    http://www.generac.com/PublicPDFs/GSV220Specification.pdf

May have same specs as http://www.generac.com/PublicPDFs/GSH220Specification.pdf

Or maybe some other company offers something similar on size but with more HP. I just don't think 6HP are enough. I may be wrong.

As I posted before on different thread, I am thinking on doing a couple of upgrades next year and I kind of like the Metro 26". No, I have not demo, seen or look for one, as I am not ready to buy, around here, but like to hear the opinions from the ones that have. And while we are at it (the metro 26"), How does it mulch? and, Does it come with a mulch plug like the Toro's?

Thank you for advice

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Plenty of power, mulch kits won't be released until July 12, in its stock form it passes leaves right through the deck when mulching and leaves a grass trail on the left side in tall grass.

3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the feedback on this machine?A 26-inch would be great for stamp sized accounts in the city!

4. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

HP only matters to the engine manufacturer and to stupid customers! I have a 5hp Honda engine that I will put up against a Briggs 6.5hp any day!

5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

that's like comparing a home owner mower to a commercial mower. I would pit my 5hp honda against a briggs 7hp and still win.

6. gotgreen?

Did you read the question? Or, maybe I'm a stupid customer, you did not said if you have experience with this machine. :dizzy:

Most of the time, HP is directly related to torque, and I do not know if the Kawasaki engine has enough to cut some of the grass, and I that is the reason why I was showing this particular engine, b/c the specs show a nice torque curve. (Maybe Exmark will read this).

As I said before, I have no experience with this machine, but I have a Toro 20038 witch is a homeowner product that does not get to much use every week and leaves a very nice cut, and I do not know if it will be worth it to "upgrade" to the Metro 26" to cut where a 36" can't go.

By the way, the 6.75hp B&S on my 20038 eats 5hp Hondas for breakfast. :waving:

7. gotgreen?

What do you meant by that?

8. saw man

from utah

I have sold Toro for many years, I have sold Honda for many years, I have used both in comm. and res. applications. I have set a brand new Briggs 6.5 hp on a Toro and have had better results with my 5 hp Honda. ANY time you want to compare numbers I am open, Honda as well as Kawi. have law suits on Briggs and such for HP numbers. I have been told from Toro and Snapper that the numbers are just on the sticker and not for real.

I am glad you are happy with your Toro and your customers are as well! With my own lawn, I was not happy with my Toro, Why would I expect my customers to be?

9. saw man

from utah

I just looked up your 20038 Toro. It is a low end residentail mower! I am a dealer, I have talked to dealers since I stopped selling Toro, this year they said "The deck is thinner" "The blade brake is cheaper" "The controls are the same as the cheaper units"

If you want to compete with me then bring something real, have some knowledge! You are running a residential mower! It can not, It will not compare with ANY Comm. mower. Well, except for Sears/AYP/EYP, MTD, Murray!

10. gotgreen?

If you were a good dealer you will know that the 20038 does not have a BBC, among other obvious differences like the wheels and their supports.
    Sorry that you do not understand the original post, saw man. This is not a tread about B&S vs Honda or about what is your favorite 21", personally I will like to have a Toro ProLine 22176, but I can not justify expending all that money for a mower that won't get much use. And I never said that a Kawasaki is not a good engine,what I said is: "HP is directly related to torque, and I do not know if the Kawasaki engine has enough to cut some of the grass", and I understand that that is not always the case, but as I stated before about the Metro 26", I do not have personal experience with this machine and that is the reason why I ask about this particular machine/engine combination.

Please read and understand the the original post and reply accordingly.