Hard Free Warning for tonight

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by yamadooski, Jan 3, 2012.

1. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

So how many of you cut the day of a hard freeze warning. This extends all the way down to Sarasota. Even the northern subs of Miami will see digits into the 20's.
    I never cut the day of a freeze. BUt I know I will go out today and see the uniformed not know what they are doing lawn care guys mowing today.

2. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

I'm good on my cuts until next week, when it really cold :)

3. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

this is my week to cut, but i will now wait until next week. the wind is brutal out there this morning.

4. jvanvliet

My boys are out pressure cleaning today... glad it's not me.

5. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

no cutting for us today..we dont cut the night before a freeze either...causes too much damage to everything...

6. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Gonna cut Thursday and Friday. Going on vacation next week to NYC so I don't really have much of a choice.

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not in florida, but close enough. No cutting here today, not after a freeze. Out running errands making sure everything is ordered etc. For the landscape install we are starting thurs. I have seen a few guys out cutting ths morning already.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

No cutting today. Wrapping a bunch of stuff. Now the battle to keep people from being too eager to cut back freeze damage begins.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

BED HEATING....we have a fair amount of higher end landscape accts. that pay us to cover plants in the event of a freeze or frost each year..problem is its not that profitable..lol....and its always a last minute rush to get it done...we have searched for ways to heat ornamentals but havent found much...was thinking of a way to circulate hot water through hoses just under mulch around plants kind of like the floor heating in some homes....any thoughts ??

10. jvanvliet

Try compost or manure & cover.