hard lesson for no one else to learn

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mr.Lawn, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Mr.Lawn

Mr.Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Florida

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early Saturday morning after not getting much sleep it headed out for a day of mowing. After doing three yards in the heat i was calling it a day and heading home when I feel asleep off the road hit a tree and had the trailer break contact if it wasn't for the safety chains it would of been bad. What turned this bad day into a good one is that I had tied down my equipment. If not I would be out of business. So PLEASE Secure your equipment. for 20.00 I had everything tied down with ratching tie downs from a store. Please remember this story when you head out for the day.

2. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow Mr.Lawn I'm happy to see you and your equip. are alright. I guess you will be getting more sleep before going mowing. What part of Florida are you from?

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

If I was in that situation, I would be damn happy I hit a tree and not some other vehicle, or a person or something. Get some more sleep! And isn't it like 12:35 your time, why are you not :sleeping: :sleeping: NOW rather then posting about not getting enough sleep, on here?

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Glad to hear you and your equipment is ok! When you stop and think about it, when you are running your mowing route, driving is one of the safer parts of your day. We all know what them mowers can do to you!!

5. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

Something similiar happened to me last weekend. I was driving home from my last account and my gate fell off the trailer. My equipment was secured, but my gate was banged up. Freak thing I guess, I took it back to the dealer and they put a new one on....no charge. Guess I was lucky no one got hurt.
    :clapping:

6. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you might be suffering from a little heat exhaustion too, man take it easy and be careful.Get some sleep :waving:

7. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

LOL! Yeah... Funny I'm flying up to Maryland next week to visit family, and ofcourse my mother n law will say, "Can you mow my yard?" psssh But maybe I can get some good seafood....crabcakes and beer. Woo Hoo

8. MeadowsLawnCare

MeadowsLawnCare LawnSite Member

I remember a story of my grandpa one time where he was driving down the road and had a homemade tralier made from a pickup box on the back. All the sudden he looked over and there was the trailer right next to him on his right side going down the road. Always secure your trailer!