12/19 - I got a call from a realty office stating they needed help to get a house closed on 12/24. There were several things the VA had to have done before they would sign off but if I could get them done I would get paid on the 24th. Could I please go meet with the sellers. I go meet with the sellers and they give me the list. Some vinyl siding replaced on the front, a truck sized hole filled in on the North side (he was going to put a cellar in), down spout splash guards installed on all down spouts and pressure wash the foundation also on the north side as it has green mold growing along the foundation. Its +5F out not looking forward to it but I work up an estimate and put in the estimate specifically that as soon as the job is done I want to be paid, absolutely no waiting for closing or escrow. The sellers say ok, the realty company says no problem, please just get it done. Anyway froze my @ss off pressure washing the foundation, which in the estimate I stated was not mold but was weed eater grass stains. I listed that there was mildew on the siding on that side. They said no just the green stains on the foundation of the home. I put all this in the estimate. I jumped through hoops sourcing the same style and color siding, got it installed and the ground was frozen so it was very difficult to get the hole filled in but I did using my SS. I also listed in the estimate that the ground around the hole would look bad as its winter and no real way to make it look nice at this time of year. So I finish but have to wait for the 24th because we don't have the money they say. 24th comes and no money, they say well the VA lady has not re-inspected. I said thats not my problem and I am supposed to be paid. I am told no money is available till we close but you will be paid on the 26th. Well no money then either because the VA says there is mold on the side of the house and dirt needs to be put on the south side foundation. I said I did what I was contracted to do and even have it in writing. Then the bomb gets dropped.....well the buyers won't pay until we close and we can not close till its done. SO....the buyers are footing the bill but the seller and their realty agent is whom I contracted with. I tell them I am not doing anything more until I am paid for what I have already done. The seller says we don't have any money and the realty agent says its her clients problem not hers. The buyer and their realty agent calls me 12/29 asks why I have not finished and I explain I have finished the job I was contracted to do. Their agent says well if i want the money thats in escrow I will go back and basically do the rest but there is no money in escrow for any other expense. Meaning no additional money to pay for the extra stuff. They want it for free basically. Saying the pressure washing should have included the side of the house and the dirt on the south side. I said once again I completed my end of the bargain. They tell me to think it over and let them know. Can't put a lein on the house because its not been long enough time and my contract is with the sellers who are leaving the region as soon as they close. So would you all just eat it or go do the rest for free and get at least something. It is not a tiny bill either, not huge but not small. I am leaning towards saying screw it.