Hard on the hands?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jocko1104, Aug 21, 2002.

1. jocko1104

jocko1104 LawnSite Member

Is it just me or does my 36" encore do a number on my hands and forearms? There must be a better way to run your machince! Are there better drive systems out there? I dont mean a 60" z...

I do primarily small residential

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

How about a hydro walk???

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Look at Exmarks New Control's. They Come Gear Or Hydro. I Have a Mower with Them And i Like Them Alot.

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like to try Hustlers design on their w/b's but I don't think there is a dealer close. I have not tried Exmarks new ECS design so I can't comment on it. The pistol grips don't really bother me, I guess I'm used to them. I do know there are probally better systems out there. Sorry, not much help.

5. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I have the toros with the t bars and have had no problems but my stihl hedge clippers kill me. My hands and arm hurt like crazy.

6. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Do yourself a favor and put money in your pocket, too. Go look at a Hustler. Nothing, and I mean nothing is as easy, simple, productive and gentler on your hands......Err, well maybe "Dove hand cream":D
    Pete

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

man do i know where u are coming from. unfortunately most machines that ive owned got a good cussing ,most ever time i did a repair. especially those made by small hands[asian folks etc] no offence to them. rule of thumb. i have to have a little blood on my knuckles,before that hard to deal with whatever is coming off or coming on. finally does.
    my son in law was totally convinced i was going to beat him up ,someday
    for sure. until i convinced him the busted knuckles were the result of a clumsy mechanic,not a bad bad dude.
    a secrete ive learned. take your time in repairs and think out what u intend to do.
    then expect the unexpected. u will still bust knuckles ,u may just not cuss the machine as much.:)
    pleaseexcuse my misunderstanding the subject. eyes aint what they use to be..
    not that bad tho ,just an oversite.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I own a 48" encore hydro. It has some really stiff controls. After a few minutes it will have you hurtin'. The new eXmark ECS controls are really nice. You should demo one.

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Toro T-bar.

I'm waiting to see Gravelys controls.

Pistol grips are not the option.

10. jocko1104

jocko1104 LawnSite Member

Yes the controls are quite stiff. I'm not sure that buying a new mower is the answer for a least a season ot two bu i will try to find a hustler and will stop by the dealer and aska bout the ecs controls. Anyone know what i might expect to shell for those?