Hard time bidding...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by AllProLC, Mar 13, 2007.

1. AllProLC

AllProLC LawnSite Member

I'm not a "newbie", have been at it long enough where I can usually eyeball a job and give customer a quote from walking & looking over area to bid. But, today i received a call to bid a job for a ladies elderly grandmother and this one is difficult to gage & would like some input from everyone. Originally call was to bid : weekly mowing/trimming, when I arrived at property was caught off guard.... large lot approx 2/3- 1 acre with probably 40-50 mature trees to trim around, long drive, a couple of mulch beds, a lot of things to trim around besides the trees. A ton of branches down from the fall/winter, some will need chain saw to haul off.
    I'm thinking: We will do Clean-up for Approx $250-$300. Maintain yard $80 per visit?
  2. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

heh im thinking more like $100-$150 a week
  3. Mustard Seed Landscape

Mustard Seed Landscape LawnSite Member

Yah , your weekly cut should'nt incl. cln up. Quote for spring clean up and as far as the weekly price. Do a first time cut price and adjust after if needed. obviously the customer would need to be ok with that first. I have heard thats what most guys do for tuff figure lots ...
  4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

80 bucks sounds OK if you can mow/trim/blow in an hour and a half.

If you think it's going to take a couple hours or more, definitely up the price.