hard to cut

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ylwcbr, Apr 29, 2007.

1. ylwcbr

ylwcbr LawnSite Member

Ihave 46" lazer hp with mulch kit. Having hard time with tall weed grass. I have to go over it two times. Also having same problem with standard blades and side discharge. Any suggestions I am in south MS.

2. Nredo

Nredo LawnSite Member

I was having a hard time with weeds and thin high grass last year and the dealer adjusted something on the deck and it has been mowing better. Do you have an '06 or an'07 mower? I use gators and the mulch kit. if it cuts bad this year I will get the fix kit installed. I have an '06 HP 46" 19hp kawi

3. ylwcbr

ylwcbr LawnSite Member

I have the '06 46" cut with the 19hp kawi engine. was also looking into the change from exmark. was cutting with a guy on a lawn tractor with no lift on blades andd he was out cutting me. Making me think air pressure under deck keeping grass down.

4. hilltop07

hilltop07 LawnSite Member

i was reading the other day, that there was a kit to fix a baffle problem and to raise the blade tip speed. actually three different fixes, but can't remember the other one. i am having same problem too.

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello,

Here are the 3 modifications to the 2006 Triton deck. If you have any questions please contact us at 402-223-6375 or visit with your local dealer.

There are three modifications.
    1. Modify the flow control baffle between the center and discharge blade.
    2. Change the blade tip speed to levels closer to 19,000 FPM allowed by the safety standard.
    3. Add a scrowl baffle in the left hand cutting chamber to address an air flow
    turbulance issue between the left and center blade.

All of these modifications will be available in a single update kit based on the cutting width.
    All 2007 production units are being designed to these new standards.

Brian

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Thank you.

7. waterboy1

waterboy1 LawnSite Member
    from AL

I was told that if you run the mulch kit, the only thing that can be done is to change the pulleys to speed up the blades.

Jason

8. ylwcbr

ylwcbr LawnSite Member

Just ran with update kit works great one or two left behind in tall weeds instead of half the row.

9. hilltop07

hilltop07 LawnSite Member

are the kits covered under warranty and mounted for free by dealer or do we need to purchase kit? my dealer was not sure whether the pulley system to speed up blades was covered. thanks

10. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello Hilltop07,
    Yes all of the updates are covered by manufacturer warranty with your local dealer installing the updates.
    Thanks,
    Brian