Hard work = new toys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnperfections, Aug 16, 2001.

1. lawnperfections

lawnperfections LawnSite Member

After busting you a$$ to make a good living what have you rewarded your self with. Well, I just reward myself with a new Honda WB but I rewarded my wife with the attached. The best part was that it was cash purchase.

having problem getting pic to post

2. lawnperfections

another try

3. skipwatson

skipwatson LawnSite Member

Very nice! :D
  4. racerdave

racerdave LawnSite Senior Member

To infinity and beyond!!!!!!!:D

5. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Did you say "cash purchase"?

6. lawnperfections

Yes, cash. It was very hard to write that check, especially when I know I will never get to drive it. This part-time thing has really helped a lot.

I started this business last year to pay off all my debt (20k+). Last year on New Years Eve I became debt free (except for the house, only 79k left). I promised myself that I would neve ever borrow money again. WE got on a written monthly budget and the car is the results of smart money management. Along with maxed IRA's and ROTH's. Now its time for getting that house paid off. I drive a 88 Ford Ranger X-cab, its ok, but in 2 or 3 years I will get my reward.
  7. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Looks sweet! Lucky wife!!

Now you better start saving up for that 2004 F-350 before your wife's SUV has to pull your trailer around for you!

Your right though, it feels good to not owe much or none. Its simple to make a good budget and you'd be amazed how fast the money really does add up, once you get used to it not being there. Every year I get a raise and I take half of it and put it straight into my mutual funds every month (on top of the normal lump sum deposit monthly). I figured I was living before without it, so why not pretend I only got half of it in the first place.

Its what worked for me.
  8. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW!! , looks sharp, No pullin' trailers with that!
    You should have got the viper in the background too!
  9. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

that's excellent lawnperfections,i let the debt add up little over 30 k on cards,it took the better part of 3 yearsbut the cards are gone + payed extra 25 k to house principle,you got to budget.I'm driving a 90 chevy k1500, 200,000 miles. When she kicks it whatever i have for cash will buy my next truck. I don't think i'll ever borrow money again.Good luck, did you say part time?

Mike Wall
  10. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok whats the secret? You dealing drugs on the side? Just kidding. Great you guys got the debt not only down but gone. I too am getting it down, or at least trying. Lend me your secrets so I can join the DEBT FREE club! Once I'm debt free I'll be able to buy you a beer..hehehe