Hardscape Contract

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Newguy25, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Newguy25

Newguy25 LawnSite Member

I am reworking the specifics on my contracts for Hardscaping. I could use some help if someone can share how they word certain things like there guarantees, specifics of changes, disputes, workmanship etc. Thanks for any help u can give me.:confused:

2. Newguy25

Newguy25 LawnSite Member

Any ideas where i can find some help on this? Thanks:usflag:

3. Summit L & D

Summit L & D LawnSite Senior Member

This topic has been discussed several times in the last month. Try a search using the word "contract", and you'll find the discussions.

4. tatmkr

tatmkr LawnSite Member

Most important is to have words "I personally guarantee" this is your saving grace in a bankruptcy case. Good Luck.

Contract Terms & Conditions
    - Landscape plants are warranted for a period of one year from the date of completion. Warranty is only valid is the plant material has been properly maintained and is not subject to unforeseen circumstances.
    _ Hardscapes craftsmanship is warranted for a period of 3 years from the date of completion. Warranty does not cover issues regarding patio sand.
    - All paver installations include the use of polymeric sand to help prevent sand erosion and weed growth.
    - Warranties on materials shall be covered by their respective manufacturers.
    - This proposal is valid for 30 days.
    - A 20% deposit is required at signing. An additional 30% deposit is required before work shall commence. The final balance of this signed contract is due upon completion. Late fees will be assessed to all delinquent accounts.
    - Any additional work or changes to this contract shall be handled separately from this agreement.
    - Deposits are non- refundable after the 3 day customer right of recidivism.
    - Not responsible for hidden, unforeseen, or buried objects.
    By signing this contract I personally guarantee and accept the terms and conditions of this contract.

________________________________________________ ___________________
    Homeowner Date
    ________________________________________________ ___________________
    Dublin Landscapes- Justin Kelly- Owner Date

5. Classic Landscaping

Classic Landscaping LawnSite Member

Look into ICPI certification. They discuss this subject in great detail. The certification also provides you with outstanding credibility.

6. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Your kidding right.

7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

LOL...now THAT is really, really funny.

Not just creditability...but OUTSTANDING creditability!!

8. tatmkr

tatmkr LawnSite Member

The funny part is that most homeowners don't know the difference. I love to tell them that I only hire "certified installers". I never get questioned on who certified them or what it means. If pressed I would have to admit that they are "Justin Certified", but they eat it up! lol :hammerhead:

9. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

10. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Most important is to have words "I personally guarantee" this is your saving grace in a bankruptcy case. Good Luck.

-A little detail please? I get it I guess but some specifics? Thanks.