Hardscape Imaging

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by NewHorizon's Land, Feb 20, 2007.

1. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys use for hardscape imaging? I will be using EP Henry Pavers. I know that they do it for a SMALL fee but I would rather do it myself. Thanks.

2. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We use a combination of Dynascape for plan views, Design Imaging group for digital imaging, and EP Henry's program for hardscape imaging. The great thing about it is that EPH's program was designed by DIG so they both work seamlessly together.

Chris

3. NewHorizon's Land

Cool do you find that you sell more jobs with the imaging?

4. cgland

I do! People just like to see the finished product. Most homeowners have a hard time visualizing what you are trying to explain, so the imaging programs really help out. One thing though, make sure you charge for your time and never give the homeowner the design unless they have already paid you for it.

Chris

5. NewHorizon's Land

Ok thanks. The EP Henry imaging started out at like $150 and they design. Is this the program you use?

6. cgland

No, once you become an EPHAHC they give you a copy of the software. You then take a pic of the area to be hardscaped and recreate it within the software.

Chris

7. NewHorizon's Land

Oh well looks like I need to get certified than. I looked on their website and couldnt find it and now I know why. Thanks

8. STONE SCAPES

STONE SCAPES LawnSite Member

unilock has one it's about $100. I use it and show the customer brief idea right thier on spot. It only uses their product but I tell the customer it's close to this or that. helps with the " I'm a visual person" PIA.

9. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Hardscape imaging programs will help you sell more and better work. The EP Henry software is good for using thier product and getting your point across. More detailed design software, like Pro Landscape do a great job with hardscaping as well as plants and the entire landscape.

You can purchase the EP Henry software for $150 by contacting Lee Amos at EP Henry. Lee can also help you with tips and tricks and they do offer classes in the use of their software. As Chris said, if you are an EP Henry Authorized Contractor, you get a copy of the software with all the other promotional items.

Most of the imaging software is relatively easy to use, but will improve with practice and some lessons.

Kirk