Hardscape North America

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by GroundScapesIncorporated, Mar 7, 2007.

1. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Anybody going?

We leave out at 7am tomorrow and will be in Nashville until Sunday.

2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

A month ago I thought there was a chance I would be (for the ICPI certification), but a local supplier is going to be sponsoring the cert. later this summer so I won't be in Nashville.

Have fun and let us know how it goes!

3. Total Landscape Solutions

Total Landscape Solutions LawnSite Member

I went to MAHTS instead.
    As a first year show, I plan to go next year. A big convention like this most likely has some kinks to work out in its first year. While I'm sure it will be a good show, I bet next year will be even better.
    Like Felix said, let us know all the good and bad.

4. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Post pics too

5. Hokie84

Hokie84 LawnSite Member

Will be there Fri and Sat; any one else going?

6. Fat Possum

Fat Possum LawnSite Member

I'll be there. Although it's only a 20 min drive from Murfreesboro, TN...not quite the expedition you're forming up. Show setup is today; I'll be walking it tomorrow.
    I attended the show in Nashville (I think) 4 yrs ago? great show. This one should be a good time and hopefully we'll see some great show specials on tools, et al.

Drive safe and welcome to Nashboogie.

7. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

We are heading to the Airport now and will be there through saturday.

8. Fat Possum

Do yourself a favor while in town; stop by the old marathon motorworks, now Yazoo brewery and try the Dos Perros.

It'll cure what ails ya'.

9. Fat Possum

correction; it was the green expo show that was 4 or 5 yrs ago in Nash.

This show, in contrast, was pretty lame, IMO. Had I bought a plane ticket and hotel; I'da' been pretty let down to say the least. The outdoor section was tinier than I thought and could have been called "the pavetech booth." The indoor section was half of what I'd have expected and tickets were $35 at the door. WTF? $35 to walk a show? They could have at least entered ticketholders to win some tools for that price.
    Overall; very little there that I hadn't seen already in the hardscapes magazine and the "show specials" tended to be %10 off msrp. That kind of discount is no kind of show discount in my book. Organizers could have brought more to the table with less cost to attendees...particuarly with it being a national show with travel & lodging costs factoring in for some some. Not criticizing the exhibitors, but organizers could have done a better job.

just my $.02.

Happy to see that Sims Stone finally has a catalog to rival Belgard's marketing materials. Even happier to see my own work on pages 3, 6 & 7.

/pats self on back.
    //deserves more dos perros.

[​IMG]

10. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

We went to see Vanderkooi the trade show was a bonus. What other tradeshow has a party with an open bar!! Overall it was a great first effort and we will be back next year.