hardscape photos

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Kohls Landscaping Co, Oct 26, 2012.

1. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

I'll get this out of the way first. The work looks nice.

2 things I noticed since you asked.

The first is the block right up against the fire ring. Although better than nothing, it would be even better to place a gap between the ring and block and fill with loose gravel. The air in the gravel voids tends to help insulate and keep the block cooler thereby last longer before cracking.

The other is the one with a raised patio with separated seat wall and topsoil over the gravel. Your planter and client will thank you if you dig out a little in the center before covering with topsoil. There are few experiences more miserable than having to remove the soil and then pick out the base in order to fit a decent plant selection.
  2. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

nice work man! where did you find those oval shaped pavers in the first job? Do you have a finished job picture of the first one?
  3. jmacd

jmacd LawnSite Member

4. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Looks very good and clean
  5. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Il Campo (unilock)
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Wrong thread....sorry
  7. Kohls Landscaping Co

Kohls Landscaping Co LawnSite Member

alex - the cobble shaped pavers are techo bloc antiqua. The job is finished, but I don't have finished pics yet. I'll post a couple more progress pics for you. We had a crane install the bar after the patio was laid.

shovelracer - Good point on the firepit. The firepits we usually buy come as a kit where the steel ring matches the radius of the tapered wall blocks so the is minimal cutting and quick to install. We went a little overboard on extending our base out from the edge of the patio. We have about 16" of base because of the slope of the yard.

8. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

are those tan pavers little ramps? its hard to tell from the pics. never seen those before, but it seems like a tripping hazard
  9. bigslick7878

bigslick7878 LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like curbing that was cut on one side (top side by higher level).

Not a fan hazard or not.

What pavers are in the last pic?
  10. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Are you going to put a coping on the walls??

Also I iave seen those "Ramp" pavers before, terrible idea.