Hardscaping Classes

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Blmtlandscapes, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Blmtlandscapes

Blmtlandscapes LawnSite Member

There is a recent thread about being ICPI certified and it has been something I have been wondering about. My main motivation however is to learn more about hardscaping and become more skilled in the area, not so much having the certified title. I was wondering if you guys new of any classes to take this winter that you think will be a helpful tool in learning the trade. I have done some pretty simple walkways and patios and they have come out great. I'm looking to build from there, Thanks.

2. Dodge Truck

Dodge Truck LawnSite Member
    from Mass

If you sign up for the ICPI cert you are enrolled in a 2 day class and provided a technical manual. at the end of the second day you are tested and a month later you find out your reseult. Its a pretty good class

3. BOEpavers

BOEpavers LawnSite Member

The ICPI class will not give you any hands-on experience. If you have a good memory you'll pass the test easily. For hands-on I'd suggest either EP Henry's MAHTS Conference in Atlantic City, the Hardscape North America Conference (not sure where it is to be held this year) or Pave-Tech's classes in Wisconsin. There may be others but these are one's I am aware of.

4. SuperDuty335

SuperDuty335 LawnSite Member

I took the Allan Block course in Atlanta,GA and found it very informative.

5. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

Go to MAHTS they have hands on training.

6. SuperDuty335

SuperDuty335 LawnSite Member

7. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Be realistic ...a 2 day multi guess course is just that ...if you are serious work for some guys for a year or 4 or at least work on a few projects to get the principles.

8. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Befriend a good landscaper, work for him for AT LEAST a year like koo says, then you can learn a thing or two.