Hardscaping Hacks - Pics

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Gilmore.Landscaping, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I am thinking he didn't get a permit for this one.....
  2. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

ok, I'm confused. I thought you needed 48" footers where you are. Why would a local store even CARRY those floating deck blocks?
  3. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Correct he should have a 48" footer. and if he had gotten a permit, (which is required also) he would have know that. They are sold as DIY stuff for sheds and small decks. I have seen decent decks build with them but you have to have a solid foundation below and low decks, like 1' off the ground max.
  4. Dually00-00

Dually00-00 LawnSite Member

You don't need a permit if your amish.:laugh:
  5. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer LawnSite Member

It's just a temporary wood ladder with a landing.
  6. BlockHead23

BlockHead23 LawnSite Member

Went out to a job today. A wall rebuild for a small two tiered wall. Got one of the walls torn out and discovered the reason the wall failed. No base rock, no backfill rock. All they did is place a 2x4 in the dirt and built the wall on the 2x4s. Never seen anything like it but nowadays doesn't surprise me.
  7. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

what part of bucks county are you from?
  8. cnymowing

cnymowing LawnSite Member

does anyone have a pic of a failed basket weave pattern sidewalk? preferably a photo of joint separation on an incline application... I am trying to show a customer why a herringbone pattern is better for his walkway, and google isn't bringing anything up... thanks in advance
  9. Dually00-00

Dually00-00 LawnSite Member

I'm in the very northern part of the county. Do you know the area?
  10. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Got two for you.
    Thought this was a small garden wall but I was wrong. It's a new culture stone retaining system. Pitiful on so many levels
    And here's a beautiful homeowner job. It's taken about 2 months. Completely back filled with RCA. And he can't afford a string line.