1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hardscaping Hacks - Pics

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Gilmore.Landscaping, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I honestly thought this was a Homeowner job when I first looked at it...I didn;t think a "contractor" would actually do such a thing....

Brick pillars on the house too were done by a "Mason"....what a shame
    [​IMG]

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Wow I can't believe people get away with that! I wonder if they are still in business?

3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

Watch that first step, it's a doozy. In all seriousness can you post the address for that house, I might have to go and "accidentally" trip.

4. Gilmore.Landscaping

from Ontario

The worst part about this job was I asked the homeowner where the guy who did it was and if he tried to call him about warranty, and the owners answer was "I don't even want to deal with him"

I get where he is coming from but seriously I would be pissed and want my money back or enough time for me to at least yell at him and spit in his face. If we have a single paver shift after install the owners are all over it calling us and wanting us to fix it!

5. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

whaaaat was he on???? the entire staircase looks like its crumbled apart

6. Red Shed Landscaping

Red Shed Landscaping LawnSite Member

Had to look at this yard the other day after getting a phone call saying we built a wall last year and it fell over so now we need it done right. It was so funny how right to the point he was. They glued all of the blocks together so it all fell over in one piece and looks like a walkway now.

WP_000118.jpg

WP_000119.jpg

7. Gilmore.Landscaping

from Ontario

Found this one as a new property I picked up...once a hacked all the weeds down from in front of it.

[​IMG]

8. tatmkr

tatmkr LawnSite Member

I actually love repair jobs, so I have a million pictures of them. There is no shortage of crap hardscapers over here, and there is very little competition when it comes to advertising repair work.

IMG_20120302_102907.jpg

IMG_20120302_102852.jpg

9. tatmkr

tatmkr LawnSite Member

Before and after pics

IMG_20110527_171838.jpg

IMG_20110527_171803.jpg

IMG_20110822_151423.jpg

10. tatmkr

tatmkr LawnSite Member

Horrible mess, that even I wouldn't touch....since the HO didn't have 20 grand for a complete rebuild.

IMG_20110813_123558.jpg

IMG_20110813_123546.jpg