Hardscaping Hacks - Pics

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Gilmore.Landscaping, Apr 28, 2012.

1. lego

lego LawnSite Senior Member

It looks to me like the entire sand.. or lowes paver sand special is higher.
    If you look at it it looks like the sand mound is raised higher than the dirt around it - it kind of looks like at the first sign of rain that sand is going to just wash right out... look at the third picture you will see what I mean
    But then it looks like they are putting that Lowes paver base **** ontop of the sand in the first picture!

And then the last set from there portfolio, whenever I first seen the pictures I expected to see after photos, like that was something they tore up and replaced, but I guess that is the finished product!

Project Quote:
    Paver Sand Bags @ 2.29 a bag. 50 bags needed = 114.5 x 2 =
    We can install your pavers for 229!

2. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

The sad part is people pay for this crap and maybe even pay top dollar !

Shame

I don't do hardscape work but know better than most of this crap on here !

3. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

That is painful
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

I just wonder how many of these pics are truly someone's best effort.

5. lego

I mow the entire neighborhood.
    The 'contractor' if that is what I should call him was there for about 3 weeks. I would say that much time, that is best effort!

6. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Just needs some poly sand thats all.

7. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

He actually did a good job with those crappy Home Depot ankle snapper stamps( as good as those ugly things can look). Look at the one I posted a few pages ago using those. Hideous.

8. lego

I can't tell.
    Look at those concrete blobs on the side.
    I saw the picture you posted way back behind the house
    These were laid on-top of dirt too haha, no foundation :eek:

I am not a mason or a hardscaper, I know the basics and I have grown up around masonry (Dad has been a mason for 30 some years) and there are still jobs that I won't teach. People really need to learn there limits - jobs like this should be considered theft and punishable with a misdemeanor.

9. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

Ya, I just wonder how many of these guys are knowingly putting out crap, but could do better. Or this is honestly their best shot. Then you have to wonder if the homeowner thinks their work is great or what...

10. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Ever been out at a bar and thought "this band SUCKS. How do they think they're any good? And how do people like them?" Lack of suck awareness is everywhere.