1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hardscaping Hacks - Pics

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Gilmore.Landscaping, Apr 28, 2012.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

can I even get a mini ex or skid in there to dig it out? like an idiot I didnt measure from the wall to the coping but you can see the back of the diving board in the pic so you have an idea. how close will you guys get before you worry about the pool?

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I thought about this thread a couple months ago when we were taking down an enormous Leyland Cypruss right next to a house!

I knew going into it that it would not be easy.

But a bonafide tree service would have had a field day if they saw what we were doing!!! LOL they would have posted pics on treesite.com 'tree hacks' thread making fun of us!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  3. DVS Hardscaper

It would be cheaper to just fill the pool in with dirt and have one less headache. No joking.

An better have a clause regarding damages to the pool. Liners are not cheap to replace, usually around $4k. Frankly, I'd install steel plates over the pool like they use when working on highways, to keep crap from going in the cavity and to provide more space to safely work

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I was thinking more like a microlam beam and 3/4" ply. obviously only for foot traffic and dirt that falls on it. not meant for machines.

5. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, I would have nightmares about this job. Then I think about how we could finish 3 smaller jobs and make more money in the time to do this.

6. DVS Hardscaper

I thought the same thing. It's a job that you want the competition to do.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

subscribed......

8. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Here's a few....some softscape hacks...
    1. How NOT to make up for lack of steps...and that sprinkler isn;t going to help your lawn....:confused:
    2. How NOT to carry trees back from the nursery, for 1 hr going 90kph (Yes I was stuck behind him on the 2 lane road):nono:
    3. Yes your walker makes nice stripes....but its kind of defeated with the lack of line trimming anything!!:hammerhead:

steps.jpg

trees.jpg

IMG-20120922-00648.jpg

9. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I gotta ask, what is that on the front of your truck?

10. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

That would be my car... And there are 4 driving lights, you can see then on my display pic as well.
    Posted via Mobile Device