Hardscaping truck

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by cgland, Oct 29, 2007.

1. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys - I know this isn't the right forum, but I wanted to offer this to the hardscapers. I have a 2001 Chevy 3500HD (15K GVW) for sale. It's got a 454 big block and less than 50K miles. The truck is in great shape we are just getting a bigger one and have no need for this one anymore. I would like to get $15K. PM me w/ your email addy and I can send some pics. Serious people only please!
    Here is a teaser

Chris

PICT0019.jpg

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

They still make gas engines? :laugh:

3. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah the old 454's are the new 8.1 Vortec's or gas hog's. Nice Truck Chris. What are you guys replacing it with?

4. cgland

We are getting a GMC C5500 26K gvw dump.

Chris

5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Not going for a switch and go?

6. cgland

No. I think that for a SNG to be most effective, you need a dedicated driver. Not saying it can't work for some people, but in my case.....
    Chris

7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Good enough awnser. No 2 operations are the same. I am just surpised to see you have snow on the ground in pa!

8. cgland

The pic is from March of this year. You interested Matt?

Chris

9. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Chris,
    Just curious why a 5500 with 26gvw instead of a 6500 with same gvw.
    I have been looking at these trucks for a few months now and have just about decided on a 6500 lo pro (19.5 wheels) with 26kgvw.
    From what I have seen you can save some money going with a 6500 over 5500.
    Im not questioning you, Just wondering if there is something that I dont know that may benefit us.
    Thanks
    James

10. cgland

James - It comes down to payload. The 6500 is a much heavier truck than the 5500, thus I can legally haul more. The truck is totally decked out... 12' bed w/ drop down sides and coal chute, tarp, 5' underbody tool box, 10' Boss plow, central hydraulics system, 96" tailgate spreader, yada yada! It will cost us about $58K total. Plus, we only put about 9-10K miles on a truck per year so it will last us a long time.

Chris