Harley Dudes dig my ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Jul 23, 2006.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I was rolling up to a stop light the other day with my freshly cleaned Lazer on the trailer when a small group of guys and gals on Harleys seemed to be watching with admiration at the good looking machine I was pulling. They gazed with approval (or at least it seemed that way). Well let me tell you it makes you feel good to get a group like that's attention. Some even pointed in the direction of my trailer (no doubt they appreciated fine machinery) and thats when I noticed I hadn't put up the tail gate from the job down the street. Well so much for being cool. Had to get out at the light and put my tailgate up with several still staring but probably thinking what a nut. Well it felt good for a minute thinking I was being admired but thats life. I don't mind the joke being at my expense every now and then.

2. JCP Crafts

JCP Crafts LawnSite Member

3. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

good deal glad you are ok. did your truck turn completely over or just catch on fire glad you got it out.

4. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

WOW .....you must being in the hurry when you left the last job huh LOL....glad you okay .....

5. market

market LawnSite Member

it takes a well-adjusted guy to laugh at his own mistakes

reminds me of the time i was walking down to the barn (a pretty good slope) after a rain and my feet shot out from under me and i landed before i had time to catch myself ... all wet and muddy and laughing so hard you would have swore i was drunk or insane

no breaks nor sprains and it was kinda funny

----------------

i'm glad your rig didn't get away from ya :)

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I just had done a small comercial job 1/4 mile up the road. The tail gate is light and I couldn't even tell it was dragging until I looked back. Didn't even scratch it very much. Just some marks on the corner of the square stock steel at the end of the tail gate. I used to drive a tractor trailor and I've seen alot of stuff like this happen (especially people in a hurry). I've seen them forget to lock the trailer and it fall off on the road, forget to unhook air lines and drive off, diesel nozzles ripped off the fuel pumps, and there's always the 13 ft trailer trying to go under an 11 ft underpass. It pays to pay attention. I have a good idea where my head was that day but don't care to comment on it. My mower was strapped as always so it was in no danger.

7. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

i had both ramps on a skid loader trailer come unchained and hit the ground before...i looked in the mirror and saw scrapes on the blacktop, then opened the window and could hear it. those things get HOT in a hurry dragging on blacktop, i burned the palm of my hand picking them back up.

8. driver5

driver5 LawnSite Senior Member

driving down the interstate several years ago, the pins that hold the gate up and locked came out, and my trailer gate came down.. not sure how long i drove that way, but i sure thought i was getting some looks from the ladies that day.... come to find out..... they WERE looking at me .... looking at the dumb azz driving with all the sparks flying.

sighs................