Harley Power Rake

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Weedburner, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Weedburner

Weedburner LawnSite Member

About ready to buy a new Harley T-6 power rake for my tractor. I have a 4710 John Deere. Which might be a little gig for lawns. I noticed in the literature they now make a unit to go on front deck mowers. I have a 725 Grasshopper, anyone used the mower deck model?
  2. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

A tractor is really made better for a harley rake. I used a harley rake on a dingo (front loaded) it really makes a mess of things. You have much more control with a tractor.
  3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Harley Rakes are an awesome tool. I have used them both on a dingo and a tractor. To me the tractor is more difficult to manuever than a dingo. Either way you are going to have neck cramp from either looking back at the harley or looking where you are going. Is the m-6 a 60" or 72"? I am going to buy one for my dingo, but the prices are ridiculous... 6k for a 48"!
  4. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

the rake is worth it, we have owned one for over a year now and I would buy another if it was 10k.
  5. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

I have the rake for my Ventrac. it mounts similar to the way the grass hopper would mount. I like the out front mount simply because I can get closer to fixed objects in tight spaces and I can look foward instead of having to look over my shoulder. One huge problem with the front mounted rakes is dust, you are always stirring dust up infront of you and then driving thru it, or running backwards to stay out of it. Hard on air filters.

As far as cost, worth every penny. I havent had to replace a single point on my rake in almost three years and I use it for smoothing out gravel driveways as well as in dirt. Cant beat the finished surface on lawns.