harley rake rental

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by lugnut#6, Mar 8, 2006.

1. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

would anyone know where i can rent a Harley rake or power rake along the Ms. gulf coast.none of the equipment rental places around here have even heard of one.getting calls for lawn removal and replacement due to the storm surge.needs to be for a 3 point tractor hitch.course ill rent a skid steer if thats all i can find.

thanks

2. try a Bob Cat or Cat dealer.

3. lugnut#6

are there any equipment options i may be over-looking?

these yards are already grades.the saltwater killed the existing centipede turf.ive got bursitis in my elbows so i want to do as little raking as i can.

4. I know the dealers I mentioned here have them, I'd try them, Thats what I would use is a harley rake.

5. Stafford Landscaping

Stafford Landscaping LawnSite Member

I'm here in NC and I know here that SunBelt rental has them. But maybe you don't have one near you. Hope this helps.

6. lugnut#6

i found a Sunbelt rental in Theodore ala.they said they have one in Tenn and will ship it down if i pay freight.which of course i will.most people down here have never heard of one.but from what ive seen posted here it is really the perfect tool for the job.

how long should it take to prep a 4-5k sq foot yard using this thing attached to a bobcat 753?

7. 30 Minutes Maybe.

8. lugnut#6

30 mins....would be nice.

turns out that in Tenn was a rock hound not a Harley rake.i finally called a Sunbelt rental place in Charlotte NC.i asked "yall ever heard of a Harley rake?"
    he said "pffft....who hasn't?".i had to laugh at that.
    I'm waiting to see how much the freight is going to be.i have too pay for it to be shipped from one of their stores to another one of their stores just so i can then pay to rent it.

not one rental place out of the 20 or so i have called in lower Ala and Ms have a harley rake or even know what one is.

9. what kind of costs are you talking for shipping and rental.

10. lugnut#6

120.00 a day
    300.00 a week

dont know about shipping yet...im figuring around 150.00

charging 1.00 per square ft to prep and lay