1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Harley Rake S-6

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by davidhoy.pt, May 31, 2011.

1. davidhoy.pt

davidhoy.pt LawnSite Member

I am looking for a Harley Rake for some jobs this summer. Instead of renting one several times, I am considering purchase. I found a S-6 on craigslist. The STEEL drum is at 50-75%. My question is, how hard is it to replace a drum, can a drum be repaired and is there anything to be cautious of?
  2. THEY can be replace, not too bad, check the price, last time I checked the price it scared me. keep checking e-bay and auctions, there are good ones out there at a good price.
  3. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems like everything else on the rake would have to be replaced at least once before the drum. I've got two guys within a half mile of me who could weld metal back onto the drum if the studs ever did wear down to the point they needed building back up.
  4. juststartin

juststartin LawnSite Senior Member

you can find a used harley rake for 1-2k now. I bet the drum is more than that