Harley Rake Tech Support

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by SiteSolutions, May 23, 2008.

1. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Noticed the last couple days that my Harley M6 rake with power angle won't hold a set angle... as I move forward or backward, the rake leans over towards the left regardless of how I set it initially. I have to keep bumping it back into position.

My guess right now is that it is a tiny leak in one of the hoses that controls the angle cylinder. Or maybe the valves that control it are starting to wear out. Anyone else seen this and can say what it is or may be?

Thanks...

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

The solenoid valves might just need to be inspected, might be like you said some leaking or something isn't closing all the way.

3. SiteSolutions

I will probably take it to the dealer next rainy day I get. He's been pretty good about taking care of this rake; He already bought me all the parts to rebuild both sets of bearings in the training wheels which I did a couple weeks ago. Maybe he will buy me a solenoid valve?

4. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

Matt, I think there might be a relief valve that is bad. Donnie is off or I would ask him. Ask Terry at loader services, he would know.

5. SiteSolutions

The mechanic at the dealership thinks it is the check valve in the valve block, the little one that is screwed into the block right around the corner from where the two little hoses go to the cylinder. It may be something as simple as a little o-ring on that check valve.

The check valve is 30 bucks, so let's hope that fixes it. They also ordered a complete valve block - 700 bucks - just in case they need it.

I left it with them; the parts won't be in till Monday.

Looking forward to getting it back but it is too wet to need it right now anyway.