Hartford insurance

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by magicmike, Mar 27, 2013.

1. magicmike

magicmike LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone use them and do you have any complaints? I'm a veteran and have been using USAA for my car insurance but they don't offer commercial insurance so I need to switch I just want to choose the best easily claims processing insurance agency I can find.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

We use Hartford. My son also uses USAA and we got hooked up with Hartford through them. We recently had a claim and they worked well with us. However we realized we needed more coverage for theft and increased that portion of the policy

3. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

I used them for workers comp and they screwed me. I use Erie insurance

4. magicmike

Can you explain the situation?

5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

We use Hartford also, no complaints but we've never filed a claim either.

6. GRASSMONKEYS

GRASSMONKEYS LawnSite Member

I used Hartford for one season, then out of the blue they send me a notice of a rate increase, of almost 80%. I made no adjustment, claims, nothing. I cancelled. Soon after I get an e-mail, come back to Hartford and and pay your bill online, that's their big incentive.

7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I used Hartford a few years back. They tried to screw me out of several payments I had made saying I hadn't made them. The problem originated with them not sending me my monthly bill in the mail for several months in a row. I sent in my payment anyway and before the due date but since I didn't have the paper bill I didn't have the payment coupon to send along with it. They cashed the checks but never credited my account. So I showed them my bank statements to prove I had sent them checks and they had deposited them and they decided to cancel my policy. Maybe my case was an isolated incident but they won't ever get my business ever again.

8. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I use them. They bill me twice a year. I pay it online. I have my workers comp through them. I asked about getting my General Liability through them but they wanted 5x more than what I am currently paying. I'v heard Progressive can easily beat their rates.

9. magicmike

Progressive wanted 7500 for commercial auto insurance for 100000/300000. Hartford wanted 3700 for 500000. I'm still shopping around
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Holy hell that's ridiculous! I guess everything's inflated including pay I'm NY though.