has any one run a 50d?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by P.Services, Aug 20, 2008.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

has any one had some seat time on a john deere 50d mini excavator?

if so what did you think?

for those that speak from experience are the deere mini and cat mini competitive machines or is one a stand out?

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The C-CR CAT models spec a lot better.

3. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

they sure do

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

FWIW, the Deere D series minis are good machines. However, Cat's C series mini blow them away when it comes to the operator station, even the open cab machines. That and they spec better, couldn't really ask for much more.

5. mrsops

demo a cat 304 or 305c cr machine they will rip that deere apart

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah the Cat's and Kummagusta's are better, Deere'tachi still has a better and longer track record, but their cabs are small.

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i sat in a 304 and a 305 today and i will say i was very impressed, even how nice the door slides and latches without having to slam it. but to tell you the truth i really dont care about the cab as long as its inclosed and im not getting wet i would sit on a milk crate just as long as the machine was a stout worker.

so comfort aside you all belive the cat will out perform a deere hands down?

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't had the chance to run the C series yet, but that's what I've heard on here and in the field. Like I said, they're a performer already, so it's not like you're trying to decide comfort over performance, Cat seemed to get everything nicely bundled up with the C's.

9. mrsops

get your but into one scag you will love it

10. mrsops

i love the way the door slides on my 305. why dont you demo the 2 and see which one you like