Has any one used Post cards to solicite?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sildoc, Sep 12, 2003.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Just curious if anyone has use post cards to solicite for commercial and higher end communities?
    I have serched the web and have found some(cant remember where right now) for 33.33 for 250 of them. Ad a stamp for 23cents and you have an advertisment to specific customers for 37 cents. that is cheaper than a regular stamp to put on a letter.
    Trying new ideas for the upcoming year and would like feed back on this and others.
    thanks in advance.

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

3. I have used postcards, targeted at "known consumers of lawn service". By that I mean I get a list of addresses of people who already have a lawn service and then mail them a postcard with a coupon.

I don't mail in large enough quantities to justify going bulk mail. So I spring for the $.23 stamp. My printing costs are about $.05 a postcard.

We address them ourselves and then drop them of at the post office.

4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Barefoot,

how have your responses been when doing the described method?

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have used postcards in the past, and not a very good response rate from them.

Like I have said before, the best response rate is from referrals

6. Good, over 10%. Retention of those customers is a little difficult since they tend to be the type to shop around and switch for slight savings.

In my opinion, worth it in the short run.

I will agree that referrals is a better source of sales.