1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

has anybody ever went from a dixie to JD,Scag or other???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southarkansascutter, Jun 10, 2004.

1. southarkansascutter

southarkansascutter LawnSite Member

Just curious....has anybody ever switched from a DC to JD or a Scag/Toro....(these are the only 2 dealers other than the dixie dealer that I will do business with.....the other one sold me my sutech and I stil haven't gotten even with him for it yet....

I bought a new 25hp 50" DC this spring and have been less than thrilled with its cut quality.... I have had 2 other dixies that cut awesome....I can't seem to get this one to cut the way I want.... and I don't think my dealer is taking me serious when I tell him that I am not happy with this one.....

Just want you guys opinion..... were you happy with the switch..... I know this seems kinda vaque....
  2. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

Is your engine rpm's at 1850 and is the deck rake- pitch 1/4 inch down in the front.
  3. southarkansascutter

southarkansascutter LawnSite Member

rpm's are there...don't know about the deck pitch.....haven't had time to get it checked...... it leaves clippings on yards that I am cutting every week ....and my old one never left clippings.....cutting the same heights..... I have to go over some yards twice or more to get rid of most of the clippings......
  4. turftammer

turftammer LawnSite Member

I now several people that have made the switch and most say they'll never own another DC. Now this is just my opinion but I have always thought DC was a poorly built mower and does not provide as good a cut but they do have one thing going for them they're fast but thats it and if your wondering I run exmark
  5. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

I own Babcat and Exmark Demo a DC and the DC cuts great. From what I have seen DC makes a Good mower. Saw a guy with a Toro the other day and he said he liked the DC better . The grass around here always has to be double cut in the spring. Last week we had to double cut a lot of lawns. The only reason I did't get a DC is because I have a bad back and you almost need to where a back brace to run a DC.