has anybody used 1-800-lawn-cuts ?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by shane mapes, Dec 6, 2008.

?

anybody use 1-800-lawn-cuts?

Poll closed Dec 16, 2008.
  1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

36.4%
  3. whats that

63.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

i will be meeting with 1-800-lawn-cuts on 12/10/08. my fellow lawn care dudes , have you used or heard of them. it seems a bit pricey. any input would be helpful. thanks in advance

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Never heard of it. What's it all about?

3. shane mapes

the 1-800-lawn-cuts is a vanity # you pay them to use in certain zip codes that you pay for each month.they help with marketing and get post cards and etc. @ a lower rate. i will meet with them on wed. just seeing if guys on here have thought to use them or what?

4. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

How much does it cost? I've heard they can range from $200-$300/Month per Zip Code?

5. shane mapes

i can't remember exactly from last year when i talked to the rep. but my price i think was $249.00 per month with7 zip codes i be live.

6. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

I talked to the rep for a long time. In my opinion, they do not properly utilize their vanity number.

Their main plan is to make you go out a put up a bunch of door hangers. When putting up door hangers it doesn't matter if you have a 1800 number or not.

I think that it is pretty much a scam because after you put out all that advertising you still have to pay for their stupid phone number to get the calls. For instance if you publish a yellow pages ad with that phone number you won't get any calls if you ever don't feel like paying $100-250 per month..

7. shane mapes

i meet with the 1-800-lawn-cuts guy today and signed up. it was $110.00 per month plus $49.00 for he 1-800-lawn-cut unlimited # . sounds pretty good , if you guys like i will keep you posted.

8. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

$110/month, that's not too bad, how many zip codes does this include? I've talked to the guy in my town that has the 1-800-LAWNCARE #, and he says it cost him a lot more that $110, just curious?

9. HARRIS Property Management

HARRIS Property Management LawnSite Member

Rule of thumb for me would be that if I have never heard of that number, chances are customers around here probably havent either.

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Definitely let us know how it goes.