Has anybody used a Echo Pas-260??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by huntw11871, Sep 14, 2007.

1. huntw11871

huntw11871 LawnSite Member
    from NC

I wanted to know what they are like with the attachments as well. If the power is still there if you use like the edger or any of the other attachments.?

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

We have one, very pleased with it. Tons of power. We run power pruner, trimmer, articulating hedge clippers and and edger. Would definitely go with the 260 over the 230. The Extra power is more for power brooms/sweepers which I have no experience with.

Cheers
    Jeff

3. huntw11871

from NC

Thank you XOOPITER. I looked at the 230 and thought the power would not be there but the 25cc on the 260 looked like it could do some damage. Thank you for the info.

4. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I have one with almost every attachment and I love it. I use it as a full blown chain saw (prune saw attachment), edger, toothed blade brush cutter, spare trimmer, etc. I'm very satisfied with all of my Echo equipment.

5. huntw11871

from NC

I really want one now. Thanks GL1200 for the reply.

6. CharlotteOutdoorImpact

CharlotteOutdoorImpact LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 260. I have been using it with the edger attach. I just purchased the trimmer attach. Its really a great piece of equipment. I cant wait to get more new attachments for it. I am very pleased. Get one.

7. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 260 with the trimmer and brush attachments. The brush is excellent for removing rock from the lawn along driveways and roads in the spring. My 260 seems a bit touchy on the throttle, either it loads up running just off idle or it runs really hard 3/4-full throttle. Don't use it much for trimming any more as it is much heavier than the Husqavarnas that we use.

8. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Got one. Extended hedge trimmer, edger, and dethatcher. Hasnt failed me yet. If you get one, keep an extra 'Cable doohicky that runs down the shaft to turn the head, thingy'. We broke one once while running the dethatcher, and it set us back while we drove to the dealer to pick up a new one. They're not very expensive and you can change 'em at a jobsite if needed with minimal tools.

9. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

AMEN, Laner!!!!!
    Finally, someone else who has left the Echo on the trailer and pulled out the almighty Husky!!!!!
    I was honestly thinking I was the only Husky owner on L/S.

10. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 322L (six+ years old) and the thing just won't quit! It starts on two pulls and runs HARD from idle to full throttle! And the throttle response is great! Only thing I have had to do is remove/clean the screen on the exhaust. Other than that it is smooth sailing!