1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

has anyone bought a bush hog for their 4 wheeler?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by llama, Aug 19, 2003.

1. llama

llama LawnSite Member

does it work?
  2. Mudmower

Mudmower LawnSite Member

I'm looking at a Kunze Rough cut. 60", 20HP Kohler Command, two 30" blades. Only problem is I can't see one in person. They don't have a distributor in Texas.

I am a little gun shy about asking it to cut what I need cut. I will be cutting cat tails and DEEP underbrush. I sent them several questions tonight, and I wish i could show a link but try typing in Kunze manufactureing and see what you get.

I have no other experience with these, so maybe someone will let us know how they work. Good Luck

3. Mudmower

Mudmower LawnSite Member

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I have never owned one of these units but have a relative that does. His is only used for the mowing of riding trails and does not handle the tall or thick vegetation well. I to would be very shy of buying something that you can’t demo locally.

5. WLLD

WLLD LawnSite Member

I have a 42" tow behind bush-hog with a 8 HP Briggs (I think) - It doesn't get used very much. Works pretty good for maintaining trails - but suffers in thick brush. We primarily use it to go around/under trees that the ROPS on the tractor won't clear when we are bush-hogging.