Has anyone bought a NEW Redmax blower from ebay and..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by christoff, Jan 13, 2005.

1. christoff

christoff LawnSite Member

had a problem with it, where they had to go to there local dealer to get it fixed. Did the dealer have any problems fixing it? or did they say no we can't fix this because you didn't buy it from us?

thanks

Chris

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

From what a Redmax Rep posted a while back on this site the redmax warranty is completely Void if you buy a RM product over the internet. Also why would you expect your local dealer to fix it for free even under warranty when you chose to save a few bucks instead of buying locally at that dealer? To me when you make a choice to buy over the net (myself included if I did) then you are basically saying that you are willing to give up dealer support vs. price. So, if it later tears up then you lose..if it doesn't you win.

3. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

You dont have to purchase thru the Net to get one for 479 shipped. YOu can call and get it. YOu will get a receipt and a warranty card from Redmax. The redmax warranty does not state that it needs to be purchased from a local dealer.

I saved almost 100 dollars for my 8000 by shopping around....

So if you have a problem with your local shop, you can call redmax and tell them that you have a warranty issue and So and so will not honor your warranty. That will not look good for you local shop....

MM lawn, I guess if I move to another location all my equipment warranties should be void.....

4. MMLawn

That's right Ztoro compare Apples to Oranges ;)

As you full well know moving and buying off the net are two completely different things. What you have done is given your opinion, what I gave was exactly what the Redmax Rep Stated on this site (and as I understand it what their written policy is with Auth Dealers too)....so put down the 40oz and look up the past thread if you wish

5. ztoro

Do yourself a favor, do a little searching on lawnsite and you will find a shop that sells it for like 470 delivered. The warranty is valid.

Because something wasnt purchased from them is not a valid reason why they cant honor a warranty....

6. ztoro

uuummmmm lets see.. because by being a Redmax dealer they need to honor the Redmax warranty... they get paid the same money from redmax to repair the machines....

7. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

I honestly don't see the difference between buying off the net and having it shipped to you, and buying it over the phone and having it shipped to you.

And I don't think this policy of redmax is to protect the dealers, I think it is to reduce the knockoffs that will probably become available on places like ebay. Sure get a new Redmaxx 9001 for $149.00, blows the 8000 away :p

8. ztoro

I dont either. But redmax warranty says its void if you purchase over the internet. They dont say its void if you call another dealer who sells it cheaper and have them mail it to you.....

9. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

no, your dealer should have no prolem working on it. it dosent matter where it came from, he will still get $$$$ to work on it!

10. MMLawn

That is NOT true always. A dealer only gets paid IF the Warranty is VALID. Buying over the net as per the RM Rep on here stated (not me, heck I only own RM trimmers even, but the RM Guy) violates the warranty.

So to find out for sure I just sent the below email directly to Redmax at service@redmax.com directly from their www site and will post the answer when I receive it directly from the horses mouth so everyone will know for sure the correct answer and not a 16 year olds or a 46 year olds OPINION neither of which really mean squat at Redmax. :waving:

To: service@redmax.com
    Date: 01/13/05

Hello,

A question. If one buys a Redmax product from a dealer outside of where he lives via the Internet is the Full Warranty still in force and must any local RM Dealer honor the warranty?