Has Anyone Bought These Blades Before?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLC Lawn Care, Jan 18, 2006.

1. TLC Lawn Care

TLC Lawn Care LawnSite Member

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I could be wrong, but it looks just like the high lifts I use on my 30165 Toros.

Other than size (which I can not determine) and there is no part number, here's a pic of mine (used) and they really DO look identical:
    http://atopqualitysite.com/lawnpics/blades1.jpg

By the way, these blades go on a FIXED deck and it may be trial and error for a float deck, they may or may not work but if they don't, I'd likely buy them from you at the same price + shipping, you'd be out the cost of shipping from ebay to you.

If it is the same, yes it is a quality blade, they normally retail for around 11 bucks each, so the guy's selling them at half price.
    Mine last me about two years a set, thou I run them past mfg. specs for replacement, technically you should replace them once / season if it's your only set and you're cutting 800-odd lawns / year.

I'm jealous, does he have any more? :)

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

kind of odd selling them in groups of 10

4. topbn

topbn LawnSite Member

The part number is a Stens no. I think all their blades are made in France but not sure about these. ExpressMower in Jacksonville sells these same this blade for $6.25 each in 6-packs and they pay the freight if you order more than $100. They are great blades, made in USA. Hard to beat the free freight deal anywhere!

5. burns60

burns60 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, you would have to buy 3 boxes to keep the sets intact or be prepared to toss one blade. I sure never mix in a new blade with an old set. Course at that price 3 boxes wouldn't be too bad for 10 sets, but what if they aren't the quality they say they are???? Ah, the trials of doing business over the internet.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

we've bent a few over the years...maybe that is the reason for the extra blade:confused:

7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

We have a farm supply store here called Agri-Supply. They carry Silver Streak aftermarket blades. They're made from a company actually in Kansas, I believe. Maybe you can find them.

For the money, not a bad blade. If you buy a boxful, they also come in ten. You can get however many you want, though. Check agri-supply.com to compare.

8. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

The seller on Ebay is Russo Ace Hardware in Chicago. I buy all my blades from them in boxes of 10. I have never been able to beat their prices. You can get on their mailing list and receive their spring and fall flyers to view all the deals. They are pretty good at selling parts also, but you do have to dicker with them sometimes if you know they could sell them cheaper.

9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

That price I'd try them, I've got similar deals on other places on ebay.

10. lawnboy67

lawnboy67 LawnSite Member

Russo's has been in busines for years. You cant beat them on price, quality or reputation. they stand behind all their products and will go way out of there way to help you.