1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone built their own OCDC?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by biggziff, Jun 18, 2010.

1. biggziff

biggziff LawnSite Member

I'm interested in seeing if anyone has built their own Operator Controlled Discharge Chute system. If you have, could you reply here or to me via PM?

thanks!

2. Trevor8

Trevor8 LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

3. biggziff

biggziff LawnSite Member

Ya, well...I may end up doing that, but $200 + for a piece of sheet steel and some fasteners is really abusive....especially when I have a shop full of tools that I enjoy using!

Thanks for the reply.

4. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

They are so easy to build, do not buy one, the price is ridiculous for the brand name versions! While I cannot re-post the pic of mine to this thread, if you search my previous posts, you will see mine, I just used a socket universal joint and steel plate, works great, i can even set it at half open, full open and full closed.

5. Trevor8

Trevor8 LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

MikeKle I posted a link to your thread in my first post. I would sell you my trimmer trap blade blocker for a wb for $75 plus shipping.

6. biggziff

biggziff LawnSite Member

Trevor8: I need one for a Exmark ZTR, but thanks.

Mike, nice work...I have a lot of aluminum stock lying around so I may try to use that and tig weld it.

7. MikeKle

Thanks, but i dont need one right now, I built them for all my WBs, and they are working great.

8. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

heres on of the many i've built for my own. they work very well and are easy to take off and put on.

P1010048.jpg

9. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i bought a blade blocker from trimmer trap and its nice but soon as i get the cash and time i am buying a power chute that way i dont have to take my hands off the z controls to operate the blocker.

10. MikeKle

Some may not know it, but you can easily build your own power chute from an old power window motor and some cheap electrical parts. I was going to build a powered one, but ended up going withe the manual one instead, just as easy to move the lever as to hit a switch.