has anyone cut lawns for managment comp.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnsRUsInc., Jan 29, 2004.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I got a call the other day from a managment company saying they seen on of our brochures and yp ad and they were going to send me a bid packet what is the real meaning of this? are they good to work for? any advice?

Thank you everyone, Jason
  2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

they will be the BIG guy in this picture! but you will have a dancing partner!

3. Davo

Davo LawnSite Member

Check them out with the BBB or local agencies. Could be looking for bids. Maybe talk to other vendors
  4. Jlwnsrvce

Jlwnsrvce LawnSite Member

I work for a local management company. In fact 99% of all my work is through them. I do all residentials,about 60 permanent properties a week & 5-6 extra properties per week. I'm in California,so you probably have heard that most properties are small. I use a 21" only. I do all of the sprinkler repairs(valves,timers,heads,etc.),clean-ups,light tree trimming,fertilizing. For me this gig works out for me quite well. Needless to say,I stay very busy. To answer your question,it matters who the mang.company is and what they have to offer. There are of course ofther management companies here,but they dont have close to the amount of work.
  5. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I have done work for 2 large companies in the past. They are not loyal clients and will send you packing the minute they get a cheaper bid. I think this kinda of work is for the lowballers.

If you have enough resources and they are willing to pay your price, go for it. But don't bank on having them next year. What I meen is, don't go out buying extra equipment and stuff just to handle the extra work. Those eggs break easy!

6. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of our maintenance work is through a management company. Get a good one and you are set. They can send some good accounts your way. Here they are not looking for lowballers (most anyway). Make sure they are interested in quality not price.
  7. Soupy

Matbe it was just the 2 I landed way back. They dropped me the following year for a lower price. I drove by the properties and there was windrows of grass everywere. Looked like it was cut with a craftsman rider.

Try for a 3 year contract, this should tell you if they have good intentions of keeping you around.
  8. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

Thank you you guys want sure i will ask a few of the questions that you all brought up. Yea i dont want to drive all over kingdom come to give bids for somthin that they dont want. Not worth my time but they said they were going to send me out a bid packet. If i have extra time which i will over winter i will check them out. They found my ad in the yp and my ad is the largest and in color in there under Lawn Maintence. So i dont think that i will be cheap maybe/maybe not????

Thanks to all, Now can you help me get rid of my cold, LOL Jason
  9. Soupy

Thura Flu (sp) Taste like crap, but you will feel warm and fuzzy all over 10 minutes after you drink it.
  10. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

Thank you soupy i will run up the road to the grocery store and try it thanks for the support and recommendation.