Has Anyone Demoed the New Commercial Line Of Bush Hog Zero Turn Mowers ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJB, May 11, 2008.

1. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I just lined up a demo for next thursday for the Professional Series. They only had 1 in to demo and it has the 73" deck, 30hp Kohler. If I like it I will try to have them bring in a 61" with the mulching kit installed. Everything on this machine looks like it will compete with just about anything on the market. Heavier built than both Exmark and Hustler in many ways. Just wanted to see if anyone had anything good or bad to say about them. Let's keep this thread about the commercial or professional line of Bush Hogs. I'm not interested in the homeowner versions because they don't compare from what I've seen.

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Bush Hog is not at all a common mower around here. For one thing, the dealer is terrible.

But that being said, another big reason I never looked into Bush Hog was the low powered engine selections. It sounds like that's changing.

3. MJB

from Wa

I'm looking at the Professional Series which is the top of their line of zero turn mowers. Your right the power is not bad could be better, I'll find out on thursday cutting tall grass if the power is sufficient. For those who are curious go to http://www.bushhog.com and compare. I did a walk around and was impressed , but won't know until thursday if it as good as it looks.
    I would be tempted to buy the 28 Kohler EFI engine over the 30 Kohler, but could go either way. I have a steep hill to test it out on also, I hope it will take the hills better than the Hustler and as good as Exmark. 14mph top speed. I don't have all the options most of you guys do with dealers. I have John Deere and Bushhog in town and everyone else is 2 hrs away.

4. MJB

from Wa

Not only are Bush Hog built tough, but they offer a 3yr warranty instead of a 2yr.
    My Hustler warranty runs out this summer after 2 yrs , but the machine won't be paid for until the end of the 3rd season. So then what ? Makes a lot of sense to look into Bush Hogs. I can't believe no one is talking about them yet! I'll post some pictures next week of the mower and cut, maybe that will get some interest.

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Have you done a search for "Bush Hog"? I did in this forum and found several threads on these mowers. Some were quite recent.:)