Has anyone ever done this...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by A1Lawns, Mar 14, 2008.

1. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

Your desparate, money is tight, you need to get your ads out in numbers and ASAP.

Has anyone one of you taken Seans advice and simply throw/place bagged ads next to mailboxes?

It's only a question folks. So all the high and mighty business experts RELAX. Besides, our very own Sean Adams has recommended doing this in his priceless material.

It may be cheasy, but DAMN, you can get TONS of ads out this way. lol

2. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Never done it, never will. :nono:

3. DaveinSWFL

DaveinSWFL LawnSite Member

If you have the time why no give it a shot, what do you have to lose? I personally don't open them and I pitch them in the trash. You might want to check the law in your city and county first before distributing them. Good luck.

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Try it and let me know how it turns out. I saw some of these in a upper class neighborhood with a business card (Printed on inkjet) and a river stone in the bag. The cards ink was bleeding and the bag was ragged from the owners of the house running it over.

I think if I were to do it I would use bird seed or grass seed in the bag.

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

No, I would not litter a potential customer's property.

6. CrimsonLawnCare

CrimsonLawnCare LawnSite Member

lol its a waste of your time, just drive around and you will see about 2-3 of them in the driveway already, only time the home owner will pick it up is to throw it out.

7. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I recall accidentally mowing one of these bags...and spraying the contents in ALL directions...yeah, I was PO'd. :nono: :hammerhead: :realmad: Fortunately it was birdseed...and not pebbles...still made a mess though.

8. nemow

nemow LawnSite Senior Member

I ran one over one day. Stones not birdseed. Someone targeted a few neighborhoods where I have a large group of customers. The problem is most wait until people are already being mowed by another LCO. Throwing plastic bags on people driveways really does look like littering and people that have landscapers already, are not going to be the ones who have to pick it up. Maybe it works for some but a door hanger or flyer in the mail seems to be a little classier. I almost left a few on the driveways for the customers to pick up but it looks bad on our part leaving trash on the property. Im also intrigued to see if this has worked for anyone. "I found a new LCO they were driving around throwing plastic bags out the window, I think they are just lazy enough to be our landscapers". Just dont see it.

9. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Maybe it will work, may not! I think it is tacky and will not do this because I am representing my business and this is not the way that I want to do so. However, I am not saying that it will not work or is effective.

DJ-

10. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

it is not a way i would advertise