1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever lost focused by others on this site?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K.Carothers, Feb 12, 2006.

1. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

This site has taught me so much about the business and shaved off years of the learning curve. And I'm grateful to all. This is my 4th year in this business.

With that said, lately I've find myself second guessing a lot of times. One person claims this and another that. I'm constantly searching my inner voice latelyhammer .
    Maybe it's because I have been spending to much time on here lately. Maybe it's the winter blues or something.

Anyone else in the same situation?

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Kc what are you talking about?Please clarify your post.
  3. Trukfr8

Trukfr8 LawnSite Member

Hey Kc, I know exactly what you are saying. I also have been reading posts here for a while now. You need to just do what you feel is right. Read the posts here, get some advise, but you should only take it as advise. If you see a cool idea, try it, but do not let someone else persuade you. One problem I have here is bagging, I absolutley positively will not mow without my bag attached...:laugh:
  4. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

i try not to do anything without my bag attached......
  5. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

Trukfr8 is right.
    Go with what you think is best in all situations.
  6. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Not everything you read on this site will be relative to the locale you live in and service. I agree lots of great ideas and great people to bounce your ideas off of, the trick is to have the ability to glean what part of advice or idea is particularly useful to you and your situation. This could be the whole idea or piece of advice, part of, or none.

In the end its your company you need to be able to plan, and execute decisions based on that plan. Good Luck.
  7. EDEN77

EDEN77 LawnSite Member

Green-Pro, I could not agree more. It must just be human nature to make blanket statements. I admit I do it too, and it's wrong to do it. Not everything applies to everyone. Not just in business, but also in life. But, sticking to business, there are so many variables. There are commercial work businesses and residential work businesses and companies that do both. Some mow only with a bag, others like me only mulch and never bag, many do both. Some are one-man operations, some are lawn empires. Some buy every machine they possibly can, others push a 21" mower. Each individual should do business that both makes the best profit and fits in with his/her personal goals and lifestyle.
  8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

That's basically what it comes down to. :waving:
  9. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

I'm lost and still looking for myself. Can someone help?
  10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I spoke to a new guy in my area who I saw in here and I told him to take some of the advice with a grain of salt. There are far too many non-professional and kids in here pretending to be a big time lawn care company and probably aren't even close, and some in here give great advice and pointers. Bottom line is know what you need to make per hour to make a profit and treat others with respect and how you would like to be treated and you'll be fine.