1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever made their own mailing list?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lazerPA, Mar 11, 2009.

1. lazerPA

lazerPA LawnSite Member

Some of the direct mail companies charge alot to do the mailing list for you.

I decided to research all the recently sold homes in my area worth over 225K. I got about 110 Finds.

this might be better then forking over 600 bucks for a thousand post cards mailed out...

Anyone do this with any luck?
  2. MB3

MB3 LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Sounds like a good thing to do. Never though of searching for home like that. What site did you use? If you can get it in a form to mail merge then into a postcard, it would be a really easy way to send out the mailing.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Sounds good
  4. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

If you want to blanket cover an area I think you can buy the routes from the Post Office that the carriers use and it's a penny an address. Min. is 10,000 addresses or 100.00 bucks. If you send out to whole routes it is a little cheaper. Did my last yr with a direct mail co. and to have the cards printed ,route list everything about 4,500 cards cost me about 1,100 of that 600 was postage .