Has Anyone Ever Shipped a ZTR???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GRT, Jan 11, 2005.

1. GRT

GRT LawnSite Member

Can anyone recommend a freight company/service that would ship cross-country? How much was it? Was it easy to deal with??? Thanks so much for your time :)

Geoff

2. 2tall

2tall LawnSite Member

I looked into having a walkbehind shipped from Omaha NE to St Louis MO. Fedex Freight quoted me at somewhere around $600. I would assume a ZTR would be more due to the weight. You may also want to contact your local dealer, they may be able to give you some advice.

3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Try Roadway/Yellow or a similar comapany and see what they quote you. Weight and distance will play a significant factor in the price. I think they even have a freight estimation calculator on their site, or maybe it's a different company I'm thinking of. Good luck and if you find a reasonable rate let us know. :waving:

4. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

I had a snow plow for my ZTR shipped to MO from Saskatoon CAN and it was delivered via freightline for $157.00

5. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

contact a local long haul company, they me be able to slip it in on 1 or 2 stop load going cross country and it might go alot cheaper. carretta trucking out of nj comes to mind. right now i just can't think what others are out there. i know foreway transportation out of coopersville michigan, delivers Baltimore/Washington all the time and need return loads to the Midwest.
    they put loads together from different shippers quite often. pick a Midwest truck you see on I70 and call them, or go to Jesiup MD to the truck stop and ask a few drivers from the Midwest. i say go long haul because they don't require it to be packaged, they just drive it on & block it in.

7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

If your address is in a residential zone arrange to pick it up at the truck terminal or you will be paying an additional $75.00 or more plus the cost of a lift gate truck.

8. GRT

GRT LawnSite Member

Thanks for the great advice guys! Much appreciated!

Geoff

9. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

In 2002 I bought a walk behind mower on ebay and had it shipped to me via FreightQuote.com. I think it cost me somewhere around $300 for the shipping. It was tied down on a pallet with the front wheels removed. All went well and I was happy with the whole deal.

In 2003 I bought a new Sentar and had it shipped. Cost about $240. Good transaction.

In 2004 I bought another new Sentar, but the shipping got a little mixed up. I resolved the issue with no problem. I also bought a used Dixie on ebay and cooped the shipping with another guy who also bought one from the same seller. He had a friend drive down to Texas and pick his and mine up. Again, all went well.

I like to buy them at the rock-bottom lowest price (new or used). I am also able to repair most problems, so being without a dealer's warranty is no biggie for me.

Shop around for shipping prices because rated do vary.

10. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member