Has anyone ever tried doing this before?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snippy, Jul 21, 2004.

1. snippy

snippy LawnSite Member

No work today for me so when the missus left for work she leaves me a list of chores to do, so of course as soon as she was out the door it was straight onto the computer and before you knew it it was nearly home time again and I'd done diddly squat all day long and began to panic.
    One of the chores was to sweep the floor and with time fast running out I had a stroke of genius and decided to do it with the trusty Stihl blower...BAD IDEA... crap went everywhere, the more I tried to corner that dirt the more it ended up in places it never even was to start with.
    Needless to say the wife wanted to bust me over the head with the trusty Stihl when she got home.
    Has anyone ever tried a stunt like this? if so whats your technique for cornering that household debris ?

Should I have mowed first? :confused:

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, I tried it, and my results were the same, Angry wife wanting to club me with a broom...hehehehehe

3. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't even though of that but a great attempt:D

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

You used a 2 cycle blower to sweep the floor inside of your home.

Do you live in a garage or open trailer home?

As you learned, that was not the brightest idea. Is it easy to dust the oil residue off of your furniture and things or did you just fire up the pressure washer?

5. Moe Fish

Moe Fish LawnSite Member
    from Fla

the pressure waser is used for pots and pan. You hang them on the line outside :)

6. txlawnking

It wasn't my house...:D :D :D It's her parent's place.( in laws)

7. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I've used the blower to blow dust out of the air ducts in the house before.
    Needless to say most of the dust ends up somewhere else in the house, but the air ducts are clean.

8. MImowerkid

MImowerkid LawnSite Member

I'm 15 and one of my chores other than mowing my lawn and about 27 others is to clean out my mom's car. well I found out that rather than luging out the old shop vac , I can just use the b.p. blower , works Great!

9. txlawnking

Yep Mowerkid, it works great for Drying off the car as well.

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I haven't but my neighbor (and good customer) borrowed my back pack to blow out her garage. Well she decided to blow out the laundry room which was attached to the garage. Well a leaf blower in a house, that is not a good idea. Since she set off the smoke detector. That was a hard on the explain to the Fire dept.

Mower kid I will have to try that next time I clean the truck.