has anyone ever tried one of these?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by a a green, Mar 5, 2005.

1. a a green

a a green LawnSite Member

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

when you look at brush cutters you want to look at torque more than anything

3. a a green

this would be more like a finish work mower. just used for in ditches and large areas.

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Never used one, but I did walk by a few like that in Northern Tool the other day.

5. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Someone listed this unit under the thread "Dumbest Equipment Purchases You've Made." Somewhere else I read about someone who had problems with the blades turning on the spindles under load. They finally stripped the threads and had to take it to a weld/machine shop to correct it. Maybe the manufacturer has fixed this problem by now.

6. op4_camper

op4_camper LawnSite Member

A friend of mine had one of the older finishing mowers. I watched him use it,and It didn't work worth a crap. The deck is just like it looks. A shallow box with blades under it. It would clog, leave stragglers and what it did discharged was all clumped up.

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

is it me, or does Northern tool have some high prices lately?

8. a a green

well to be honest I was just looking at them. and If I were to get one it would be the T-60 not the box type.

9. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I think northern is high too. I bought a honda hrx mower with hydrostat at home depot last fall for $700 and northern had it for $839 last week.

10. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

For a pull behind mower try bushog brand honda moters tough as nails.